My Journey

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be." -Unknown

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm a follower of Christ. I strive to honor and please Him in all I do. I'm married to Jeffery (9/3/05). I'm learning how to be a Godly Wife, and I'm rediscovering myself while I'm at it. I'm a new Mother--even more new discovering!--to Jeffery Alan, II, aka Jak (11/18/06). I'm learning how to keep Jesus first in all ways, how to be the best Wife and Mother I can be, and still give myself grace at the same time. I'm a student of life. I like to have fun. I like to laugh and I like to cry. I love people. I love this precious gift of LIFE.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Friends

Been thinking a lot about friends lately.

What makes a good friend? Is it loyalty? Honesty? Communication? Accountability? A connection? Amount of time spent together? Is there one thing in particular that brings the two people together, or does it take a mixture of these things?

Why do I have the friends I have in my life? Have I chosen them to be in my life, or has it just happened without much effort? Am I the type of person I'd like to be friends with? What can I do to be a better friend? These are just some of the questions I've been wondering about as I think about friendship.

I am here in MD, still without a good connection or community, and I long for some good girlfriends. Ones that I can call up and chat away with about anything and nothing. Ones that I can see each week. Ones that I can drop Jak off with and not worry about him being with someone I don't know too well.

I just need a good friend, or two.

I want to laugh. I want to create memories. I want to be able to say "I'm going over to so-and-so's house, be back in a bit!" I want to have a buddy. Want to be a buddy.

Please pray for me if you are so inclined, that God would bring me a good friend to share life with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home