My Journey

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be." -Unknown

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm a follower of Christ. I strive to honor and please Him in all I do. I'm married to Jeffery (9/3/05). I'm learning how to be a Godly Wife, and I'm rediscovering myself while I'm at it. I'm a new Mother--even more new discovering!--to Jeffery Alan, II, aka Jak (11/18/06). I'm learning how to keep Jesus first in all ways, how to be the best Wife and Mother I can be, and still give myself grace at the same time. I'm a student of life. I like to have fun. I like to laugh and I like to cry. I love people. I love this precious gift of LIFE.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

When I first created my blog, I had to fill out a profile. I thought and thought about what to write about myself and finally came up with what you see when you open up this blog. In the last sentence of the "about me" section, you'll see that I wanted to accomplish something: I wanted to become a Mom.

I don't think you can ever really "accomplish" being a Mother, as if it needed to be checked off a list. Instead, becoming a Mother is a very precious, very sacred gift. It is a dream that I envisioned years ago, a hope that has defined me and a season of my life that I've waited for for so long.

This was my first Mother's Day celebrating myself, and my child. My child.

Thank you, sweet baby Jak, for being my Son. For making me a Mother. For teaching me about a love that is limitless. For being the closest thing to God that I can touch. You are my joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home