My Journey

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be." -Unknown

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm a follower of Christ. I strive to honor and please Him in all I do. I'm married to Jeffery (9/3/05). I'm learning how to be a Godly Wife, and I'm rediscovering myself while I'm at it. I'm a new Mother--even more new discovering!--to Jeffery Alan, II, aka Jak (11/18/06). I'm learning how to keep Jesus first in all ways, how to be the best Wife and Mother I can be, and still give myself grace at the same time. I'm a student of life. I like to have fun. I like to laugh and I like to cry. I love people. I love this precious gift of LIFE.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

I'm not gonna wax poetic about how I feel about America, or the reasons why I love living here. Not today anyway. I'm tired and not feeling particularly dramatic.

Today we spent the day relaxing. We did a bit of shopping, too. I really do hate how all of the stores and gas stations are open on holidays and Sundays, but I suppose I can't complain all that much since I sometimes contribute to the reason they're open.

Anyhow, we got home somewhat early and put Tiny to bed, and got ready to watch a movie.

Not at all how I would've imagined us spending the first July 4th as a family! No fireworks, no picnics, minimal thinking about the sacrifices that have made our country free. Just more of the regular day-to-day living. Kinda sad I suppose, but just because I'm not overtly grateful on the day, doesn't mean I'm not grateful.

There are fireworks going on all around us and so far Jak is still sleeping. There's a victory!

Maybe next summer we will be enjoying the fireworks as a family on a picnic blanket somewhere, with our little man running around. Or, maybe we'll be sitting here watching a movie again, cringing as each bang goes off. Either way, I hope it'll be another good, regular 'ol 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home