My Journey

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be." -Unknown

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm a follower of Christ. I strive to honor and please Him in all I do. I'm married to Jeffery (9/3/05). I'm learning how to be a Godly Wife, and I'm rediscovering myself while I'm at it. I'm a new Mother--even more new discovering!--to Jeffery Alan, II, aka Jak (11/18/06). I'm learning how to keep Jesus first in all ways, how to be the best Wife and Mother I can be, and still give myself grace at the same time. I'm a student of life. I like to have fun. I like to laugh and I like to cry. I love people. I love this precious gift of LIFE.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

New Beginnings in Fairy Tale Land

We finally have a place to call our very own. Praise the Lord!!!

We moved to Queenstown, MD, at the end of May, and have been setting up home ever since. I was looking back on old blogs--missing the time I had to write so much and still hoping I can get back into it--and in one of them I posted that we'd love to have a house like we did back in OP.

Strange how things come into play if you just wait long enough. Not that said waiting was easy.

Our home here is wonderful. It's a two bedroom, old farmhouse. It has a beautiful back yard, nice and big and fenced in for little Jak to play in. The living room is nice and big, and the kitchen is gourmet, along w/ the bathrooms. What more could I ask for? This place is great.

We live right on the Chesapeake Bay, and the town that we're in is a quaint, historic place where one person described it by saying "they roll up the sidewalks at 6pm." The first couple of days we were here, every neighbor who was out stopped by to welcome us and told us we'd love it here. So far, they were right, but we knew that we'd love it before we moved it. It's just very us.

I walk each day to the PO to get our mail, and down the street from that is a small cafe. There's a park with a great playgound, and it's partially shaded which I like. There are kayaks in every backyard, including ours, and I'm sure once Jeff and I try that, there'll be a nice big, funny blog about it. There are plenty of young parents here, as well as middle-agers who've already offered to babysit. Everyone watches out for everyone else; it's just the sense of community that I was longing for.

The second day we were here, we drove to the cafe to have a dinner date before picking up Jak. People waved all along the way and as we sat in the street wondering where else to go (it's closed after 4pm) there were birds chirping, flowers moving in the breeze, and a little bunny chomping on the grass in front of the cafe. It felt so perfect, so odd that everything seemed completely harmonious here. I said "I feel like we live in Fairytale Land." Jeff agreed. So far, we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home